One day just isn’t ever enough to “Celebrate” this town! So, starting on Thursday, October 3 and running until Saturday, October 5, it will get a “dash more festive” in town. Join us throughout the downtown area on those days for the annual return of the Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival.
A Dash More…Entertainment at Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival
While noted above that 1 day was just too short of a time for the annual Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival, entertainment is one thing there is surely no shortage of at the event. While there are not yet a full listing of names that will be performing, there will once again be several areas showcasing great local talent in a variety of genres and ways.
- Beer Garden Stage– Musical acts will be performing throughout each day of the festival. Several popular Fuquay breweries and wineries will be on hand serving up craft beverages in this area too.
- Main Street Stage– Family fun and entertainment take “center stage” right on Main Street throughout the entire festival. Musicians, magic acts, and more expected to perform.
- Community Talent Showcase– While no acts have been announced yet for this area, you can be sure that some of the most talented local artists in music, comedy, acting, and other areas will be on display here.
- BMX Bike Show– Returning after a successful Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival appearance last year. These flying stunts and ariel freestyle daredevils must be seen on their bikes to be believed.
Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival with a Dash More…Events and Activities
The Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival almost seems to turn the downtown area into several of its own miniature towns. Each of said, “little towns” at the event features unique options (history, food, games, etc.) to satisfy the wishes of residents both young and old.
The seven different events and activities areas at the Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival are listed below.
- Artist Village- See local creativity at its best. Artists can display or sell work here.
- Kid Zone and Rock Wall– Amusement park type rides for the youngsters to enjoy! Older kids can test the Rock Wall.
- Chili Cook-Off– More than 20 local entrants compete with you as the judge. Have a taste and cast your vote.
- Food Trucks– The most popular way to eat at seemingly any area festival…food trucks. There will be a variety on hand to cure your appetite.
- Mayor’s Walk– Take a stroll through the town’s rich history with Mayor, John W. Byrne.
- Museum Tours– There will be tours all day long of the Fuquay Varina Museum Complex throughout the festival.
- Attractions Area– Some games and rides themed a bit more for the adults. Axe-throwing, mechanical shark riding, the lagoon of doom, and much more.
To Start Us Off??? A Dash More…Soul
The Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival actually kicks off this year on Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. The celebration opens on the Varina Business District Stage with a 3-hour concert from one of soul music’s all-time great acts, Chairmen of the Board.
This will be an outdoor concert and will take place rain or shine. You may bring lawn chairs for seating, but no personal coolers or pets are allowed at the opening concert.
For further information and greater detail on the upcoming Celebrate Fuquay Varina Festival, visit celebratefv.com.